FreightWaves The #1 Source for Navigating the Freight Markets. Like the best things in life, our articles are free.
- Newly public Lion Electric will build electric trucks in Illinoisby Alan Adler
On its first day of public trading, Canada’s Lion Electric announces a plan to build trucks and buses in Illinois, creating 745 new jobs over three years.
- Amazon to open first fulfillment center in Savannahby Mark Solomon
The facility will be located about 8 miles from the Georgia Ports Authority’s Garden City Terminal.
- Container shipping boom is bleeding over into dry bulkby Greg Miller, Senior Editor
Formerly containerized cargoes are being loaded onto bulkers. Box-ship orders are keeping future bulker growth in check.
- Baby bust brings bearish outlook — The Stockoutby Kaylee Nix
On this episode of The Stockout, Mike Baudendistel explains how the declining U.S. birth rate is affecting the consumer market.
- Going farther: Nikola claims superior Class 8 electric driving rangeby Alan Adler
Nikola exposes battery-electric Class 8 Tre to 25 fleet customers and gets first firm order for delivery late this year.
- Railroad inspector charged with falsifying hazardous materials reportsby Noi Mahoney
Tremelle Sykes allegedly filed false reports covering railyard companies in Dallas, Fort Worth, Garland, Cleburne, Gunter and Saginaw, Texas.
- Making cannabis deliver — WTTby Timothy Dooner
The logistics behind cannabis delivery, cyber risk, business event etiquette post-COVID, trucker awarded $9m and more
- Among Piers: Empty containers continue making wavesby Kim Link-Wills, Senior Editor
Exported empties contribute to the Port of New York and New Jersey’s monthly volume record.
- Jobs report shows getting drivers into the pool remains a struggleby John Kingston
Analysts are looking at various explanations for why the number of drivers today is lower than it was two years ago.
- Daily Infographic: How COVID Is Expected To Impact Shipping Volumes On Mother’s Dayby Brandon Cafferky
UPS-commissioned survey said health and safety protocols will keep more gift-givers home this year
- FreightWaves Classics: I-5 runs from Mexico to Canada (Part 1 – California)by Scott Mall, Managing Editor of FreightWaves Classics
Interstate 5 runs from Mexico to Canada. Read about I-5 in California.
- Daseke’s mixed-bag Q1 disappoints, stock sagsby Todd Maiden
Flatbed truckload provider Daseke reported first-quarter adjusted earnings better than expected. However, with a more than 5x run-up in share price over the past year, a decent quarterly report without a guidance raise sent the stock lower on Friday.