FreightWaves The #1 Source for Navigating the Freight Markets. Like the best things in life, our articles are free.
- Roadcheck Week results: HOS violations a bigger share of all citationsby John Kingston
The total number of stops was down this year from 2020. Other violations besides HOS were fairly steady as a percentage of all citations
- One man’s trash could become auto parts — Transmissionby Kaylee Nix
Grace Sharkey and Sebastian Blanco talk with CEO Jack Bigio of UBQ about taking recycling to a new level on this episode of Transmission.
- Lineage acquires Midwest cold storage firmby Mark Solomon
The acquisition of Hanson Logistics gives Lineage its first-ever facility in Michigan and expands its foothold in Indiana.
- FreightWaves Classics: Inventor of first practical internal combustion engine is largely unknownby Scott Mall, Managing Editor of FreightWaves Classics
This FreightWaves Classics article profiles the inventor of the internal combustion engine, which has been central to transportation of all types.
- Lucas Systems, Fetch offer model for human-robot warehouse collaborationby Brian Straight, managing editor, Modern Shipper
Warehouse robotics firm Fetch and AI-software fulfillment company Lucas Systems are working together to offer solutions that allow for humans and robots to work side by side.
- Elroy Air raises $40M for specialized military logistics droneby Grace Sharkey
The Chaparral has a set of applications for national defense, including dust-off operations; casualty evacuation; and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance.
- Canadian railways boast record grain volumes in 2020-2021by Joanna Marsh
Canadian Pacific and CN shattered records for hauling Canadian grain and grain products in the 2020-2021 crop year, which ran from Aug. 1, 2020, to July 31, 2021. More efficient network boosted volumes: CP CP (NYSE: CP) hauled 30.62 million metric tons (MMT), the most in its 140-year history, the railroad said Tuesday. That was …
- DHL Express orders electric cargo planes from Eviationby Eric Kulisch, Air Cargo Editor
DHL Express has joined UPS in placing orders for all-electric cargo aircraft.
- Holding pattern: July Class 8 truck orders hide underlying demandby Alan Adler
The last time demand was this high for new Class 8 trucks, fleets placed record orders. Not this time because manufacturing capacity is limited.
- South Korean company bringing delivery drones to Phoenixby Jack Daleo
South Korea-based Pablo Air finds a new U.S. testing ground.
- STORD rethinks the warehouse with Atlanta innovation hubby Brian Straight, managing editor, Modern Shipper
Warehouse software provider STORD is opening an Atlanta warehouse that will focus on designing the next generation of warehouse technologies.
- Flood risk rising in southern statesby Nick Austin, Director of Weather Analytics and Senior Meteorologist
Several inches of rain could flood parts of the South this weekend. (forecast video included).