The Daily Dash is a quick look at what’s happening in the freight ecosystem. In today’s edition, we highlight a not very well-received tentative deal between the UAW and Volvo Trucks North America, a dust-up over the Interstate 40 bridge closure, and more.
The High Five
1. United Auto Workers and Volvo Trucks North America bargainers have reached another tentative agreement, but early indications are the rank and file like this deal no more than one they sent down in flames earlier this week. Alan Adler’s article
2. U.S. Sen. Marsha Blackburn believes the nation’s top transportation official is not paying enough attention to the Interstate 40 bridge outage and wants better coordination on the issue between federal and state authorities. John Gallagher with more
3. Kansas City Southern has made it official: It’s breaking up with Canadian Pacific and going with the merger offer from CP rival CN. Joanna Marsh’s story
4. Walmart Inc. is testing a final-mile delivery service in its northwest Arkansas home market with its own branded electric vehicles. Mark Solomon with details
5. Like many companies, gig economy businesses are struggling to find drivers as passengers and deliveries ramp up. Brian Straight with more