The Daily Dash is a quick look at what’s happening in the freight ecosystem. In today’s edition, we highlight project44’s acquisition of software company ClearMetal, a huge carbon dioxide emissions ruling in the Netherlands and more.
Also … Turvo, provider of the world’s leading collaboration application for the supply chain, announced a partnership and integration with FreightWaves to bring SONAR data to the company’s collaborative logistics platform. Full story here
The High Five
1. Project44, a leader in real-time visibility of the global supply chain, has acquired ClearMetal, a San Francisco-based supply chain planning software company that focuses on international freight visibility, predictive planning and overall customer experience. Grace Sharkey with the details
2. E2open Parent Holdings Inc., a global cloud-based supply chain management platform, plans to acquire logistics execution platform BluJay Solution. The deal could be valued at $1.7 billion, giving BluJay shareholders approximately 22% ownership of the combined company. Grace Sharkey with more
3. The District Court of The Hague in the Netherlands has ordered Royal Dutch Shell to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by a net 45% by the end of 2030. One of the co-plaintiffs that had filed the lawsuit said this is “the first time in history a judge has held a corporation liable for causing dangerous climate change.” Alyssa Sporrer’s story
4. The diversion of large commercial jets to assist with the U.S. and NATO military withdrawal of troops and equipment from Afghanistan could create temporary transport shortages for companies seeking heavy airfreight capacity because freighters are already scarce, a regional manager for logistics provider Kuehne + Nagel said. Eric Kulisch’s story
5. Mario Gafencu wishes the Stoneridge Inc. MirrorEye Camera Monitor System was around when he was rolling up 2.5 million accident-free miles as a professional driver. His first 20-mile drive on a snowy January day last year was all the evidence he needed. Alan Adler’s feature story